Tuesday, August 14, 2012

You & Me Sister Album


About a month ago I went to Scrapbook Expo (LOVE Scrapbook Expo…more on that another time).  The major project I worked on while I was there was an album for my sister.  She turns 40 this year and I wanted to a do a special sister album for her.

I figured while I was there I would get a mini album kit but I couldn’t find anything to work from that quite fit her personality. With the help of the very talented ladies at The Hen’s Den, I compiled an album based on this display. This is actually one of my first solo attempts at a mini album because I'm a 12x12 girl but I love how it turned out and I now want to do a million more mini albums!  


The blank album I started with is called "Hip Chic" and my sister sure is! 
I would never have in a million years thought to purchase these flowers but they look fantastic!
Simple Stories has some great paper lines and the "Generations" paper line was perfect.  I also used some My Minds Eye Holiday paper that was in the clearance bin but was the perfect colors.  My sister's favorite color is burgundy and this paper just felt like HER!  
Weren't we cuties when we were little!  
Cheri explained that popping up some of the usually flat stickers with pop dots would make the album have more depth - I loved this tidbit! 

My sister is 6 years older so there is a bit of a gap in photography of us.  She was away at college out of state for much of my junior high & high school years.  
Both my sister and I consider this our favorite picture of us and it's on display in both our homes. 
I added some extra pizazz by adding opaque baubles to the pennant sticker.
Cheri helped guide me to layer embellishments...something I don't usually do but layering definitely added interest to some of these elements.  I would go thru and add some things and then go thru again and add some more.  I must've taken 10 passes at adding embellishments! 

This shows how I layered 2 kinds of paper flowers, a button and some bling.  
I am proud of myself for how much layering I did on this album! 
Not my usual style but I love it.  
These were the paper kraft flowers I used.
This is us at our respective bridal showers. 
The flowers used on this page have a really nice texture and depth to them.   
Our weddings 
And a little bling for the back 

I love how it turned out!  

And it was also a great birthday party!  We actually threw my sister a surprise party complete with 80's themed costumes and her best friend from high school came up from California.  People say my husband looks like Val Kilmer so he dressed up like Ice Man from my sister's favorite movie - Top Gun...and I was his lady!  


No comments:

Post a Comment