Tuesday, September 25, 2012

D.O.T.S....the way we were

One of my friends recently found a Close To My Heart catalog...or rather a DOTS catalog that, of course, she knew I would want to see!

It's a 1998-1999 Catalog.  
And let me say, we've come a long way! 

 Wood block stamps are pricey.  This clock stamp is $9.50!
That's about the price of a B size stamp now a days!  And a B size stamp set is usually 4-5 images!



Back then...the greatest scrapbooking tool was decorative scissors.
I have a whole stash that I rarely use.

Back when Sponge Daubers were NEW!
These are a staple and still one of my favorite items!

The color palette

Some things are perfect from the beginning...like outdoor denim, Indian Corn Blue, Autumn Terracotta, Smokey Plum.  Still part of the exclusive color palette.

Olive, Cranberry, Goldrush, Hollyhock are also still around!

And Bonding Memories glue...

Betty Johnson is not a consultant anymore...I checked.
The catalog was expensive!  $7.95 back then...it's only $3.95 now.

And hostess rewards have improved!  You can now get $25 in free products when you get to a $150 show. Back then...$250 got you a $20 reward

The best part!?  This image looked familiar - I had picked this stamp up several months ago at a garage sale for just $1.50.  Classic design...it's a DOTS stamp! 



No comments:

Post a Comment